Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ohsho @ Cuppage Plaza

I visited Japan during their winter, so having a bowl of piping hot Japanese ramen was really shiok and warm my body. I had tasted different varieties of ramen when I was there. The broth there have a stronger taste and more saltish compare to the one we had in Singapore.

After I came back to Singapore I really miss the taste and started searching for that familiar taste. Most of the places I tried, its either the broth is too bland or the ramen texture is not right. Until I found this eatery outlet Ohsho (餃子の王将) at one of the entrance to Cuppage Plaza, which is operated by a Japanese boss and the chef himself. I always see Japanese and Korean customers when I was there. Believe they are also here the taste I was missing.


I believe the boss took long hours to boil the broth for the ramen. You can taste the richness of the ingredient from the broth. They have a wide selection of ramen you can choose from. For those who can't go without chilli, there is ramen with spicy soup base. Other than the ramen, the japanese fried rice (Chahan) is also a must try, simple ingredient, yet tasty and full of fragrance.

Notice the food here seem to be a combination of Chinese-Japanese style. They also serve dishes like ma-poh tofu and stir fried pork slices. Like the ramen on the right below, spicy soup base with long white cabbage and pork slices are added, very Chinese style.

Gyoza No Ohsho (餃子の王将)
5 Koek Rd#01-10 Cuppage Plaza
Mon-Sat: 11.30am-2am
Sun: 12pm-12am














No comments:

Post a Comment