Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Istimewa Nasi Padang @ Hoy Fatt Road

Spicy food has always been something I fancy. Nasi Padang is one that I like very much. I love the spices and chilli that are used to cook the food.

If you are also a fan for Nasi Padang, I would like to recommend you to try Istimewa Nasi Padang. This stall is always with long queue during lunch hours. Understand a lot of their customers are taxi drivers and the working force nearby.

What made this stall so popular? I believe it is because not only the food is nice, the price is also very reasonable. I was there having lunch with my hubby and we ordered beef rendang, fried chicken, squid in black sauce, fried fish and sayor lodeh (mixed vegetables curry), all these for $11.00 for two persons. If you are sharing your food, the stall owner will serve you a small plate of their self-made sambal belachan. The sambal belachan is really good to go with the rice or fried chicken.

The beef rendang was cooked till soft and tender, the gravy is rich and you can taste the strong spices in it. The gravy is good to eat with the rice.

Most of the places, the fried chicken are very dry in the inside after deep fried. But over here, the fried chicken is crispy on the outside and yet tender and juicy in the inside. Apparently I noticed that almost everyone will order their fried chicken drum stick.

The squid in black sauce was my favourite, the squid was cooked just right, soft and chewy. Unlike some stall, the squid is always over-cooked and taste like chewing rubber band. I also like the egg in the squid, silky and soft, but sinful to eat, high in cholestrol...haha.

For sayor lodeh, the vegetables are cooked till soft. The gravy absorb the sweetness from the vegetables and coconut milk is fragant. The gravy is so nice that I even drink it on its own...hehe.

Come and try it out yourself and share your views with me. As some popular dishes will be sold out quickly, its best to patron them before 12.00pm. For breakfast, they will serve longton and nasi lemak.

Istimewa Nasi Padang
Address: Blk 28 Hoy Fatt Road #01-24
(Inside Cheong Wah Coffeeshop)
Opening hours: 6.30am till 3pm (or when sold out)
Close on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment