Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chang Korean Restaurant

I have great love for Korean food. Be it, kimchi soup, Korean BBQ or Ginseng Chicken soup, they are all my favourite. A couple of years ago, I went to Korea for holiday, the great taste of the Ginseng Chicken soup I had it there, till now still remain in my mind. I could never find another similar taste in Singapore Korean Restaurant. If anyone know of any good Ginseng Chicken soup, please let me know. Hehehe.

Chang Restaurant located at Dempsey Hill is one of my favourite spot for my Korean BBQ. The quality of the meat was so far the best I had tried. But if they could further enhance the taste of the bean paste for the BBQ wrap, then it will be prefection. Maybe to suit Singaporean taste, the bean paste is a bit too mild and not saltish. Please note, the price is also a bit steep and they only serve ala-carte.

One thing I learnt, pork taste better in Korean BBQ than beef, and it is also cheaper. So, remember to order mixed pork set. One thing good about having BBQ at Chang, the staff there will BBQ the meat for you and serve you when it is ready. So you need not worry if the meat is over or under cooked. The exhaust for the BBQ is also very well ventilated, so you won't have that BBQ smell on your body after your meal.

Like most of the Korean restaurant, Chang also served a wide variety of kimchi. I could say, the kimchi were alternate to suit local taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment